(just a random picture I took, that I wanted to share.)
This last year was a solid year, no exceptional highs in the record collecting department, but I found a few solid wants and a total amount of fourteen test presses.
When it comes to new stuff, this is what kept me entertained during the year. Not so many hardcore releases as other years great my attention this year. I have been playing a ton of Shoegaze and post-rock and post-punk recently.
All in random order.
- Free – Ex Tenebris + Demo MMXV 12”
- Ecostrike – Voice Of Strength 12”
- Supercrush – I’ve Been Around 7”
- Down and Outs – Double Negative LP
- Burn – Mountain 7”
- Pale Waves – All Things I Never Said 12”
- Hypocrite – The Mayhem Demo 7”
- Fireburn – Shine 7”
- Safe – Stay Strong 7”
- Count Me Out – 110 demo 7”
- Quicksand – Triptych Continuum 12”
- Ceremony – L-shaped Man demo LP
- Supercrush – I Can’t Lie 7”
- Cutting Through – Empathy 7”
- Red Hare – Little Acts Of Destruction LP
- The Proletariat – The Murder Of Arlon Sterling 7”
- Supertouch – Flying High (‘95) flexi
- Shipwrecked – We Are The Sword 12”
- Beach Rats – Wasted Time 7”
- Circles – demo 12”
- Turnstile – Time & Space LP
- For Pete’s Sake – North Atlantic 12”
- Iggy Pop and the Stooges – Rare Power LP
- Shark Attack – Complete Discography LP
- Slow Crush – Aurora LP
- Johnny Marr – Call The Comet LP
- Battle Ruins – Glorious Dead LP
Concert wise it was a slow year, but easily the best show was Dag Nasty in Eindhoven. Furthermore I enjoyed Johnny Marr, Underdog and Shipwrecked a lot too.
(me singing a long to Dag Nasty)
Next year I will probably post a bit less. I want to shift my focus on a few high ticket items and work a bit on other projects.
My want list for 2019 will look something like this:
- Antidote – Thou Shall Not Kill (1st press) 7″
- Black Flag – Nervous Breakdown (1st press) 7″
- Common Cause – s/t (blue vinyl) 7″
- Embrace – s/t (test press) LP
- Faith – Subject To Change (clear vinyl) LP
- Faith – Subject To Change (white vinyl) LP
- Faith – Subject To Change (4th press $4.00 NO masterdisk etched, if it exits) LP
- Keep It Clear – A Lesson… (record release edition) LP
- Rhino 39 – Xerox (OG Dangerhouse) 7″
- State Of Alert – No Policy (green vinyl, 1st press sleeve) 7″
- Teen Idles – Minor Disturbance (1st press) 7″
- Urban Waste – s/t 7″ (1st or 2nd press)
Maybe a bit ambitious but I will see, what 2019 will bring me.